5 Tips for Hiking with Dogs
1. Make sure that you obey all leash laws. First and foremost, to keep hikers, your dog, and other animals safe. Besides, many people are frightened of dogs. Letting your dog off-leash on most trails just isn't a good idea.
2. Pick up poop after your pet because dog poop can harm and disrupt local wildlife, native habitats, and groundwater supplies.
3. Bring along some dog treats and water for your pet to help keep their energy levels up on a long hike.
4. Keep an eye on anything your dog ingests. If you see your dog chewing on something, make sure you figure out what it is. Some of the plants outside can be very dangerous—even deadly.
5. Sometimes dog shoes are necessary. They are helpful if you’re heading out on very hot sand or scrambling over rocks.
You may be interested in:5 Life-Lengthening Health Tips for Your Pet